A large health care client was confronted with the challenges of siloed data sets, as well as asset fragmentation and duplication, and saw a clear need for developing and implementing a consistent and result-driven enterprise data strategy across the entire organisation. This requirement necessitated the creation of a roadmap based on the enterprise’s business needs and priorities.
After reviewing the requirements laid out by our client, our experts at Addo understood that we had to design and work towards the implementation of a clear, consistent and result-driven enterprise data strategy and roadmap for our client—based on their business needs and priorities. To achieve this, we proposed an agile project plan which consisted of 3 major milestones:
- Current State Assessment: This included an expert data and infrastructure assessment and analysis of the current situation at our client’s end to broadly understand the infrastructure, applications and data processes they were currently using. It included the creation of a current state assessment report with information regarding our client’s data infrastructure maturity level, comparative benchmarking with industry leaders, and an exhaustive diagram of data sources and relationships.
- Future State Design: This consisted of the development of ideal data infrastructure based on our client’s strategic vision, and best practices in the industry. It also laid out a view of the system’s architecture, data infrastructure, HIPAA readiness and data governance model.
- Enterprise Data Driven Transformation Roadmap: This was derived from the current state and future state and consisted of a high level transformation roadmap—marked by clear and measurable milestones which includes governance and privacy considerations—that was implemented across the enterprise in a phased and agile manner. The roadmap also consisted of a prioritised catalogue of business use cases and proof-of-concepts, such as Population Health Value Dashboard, which showed value to the business even during implementation
Addo experts benchmarked processes with best practices to gain visibility into improvement areas, bottlenecks and complexity of the operational model, providing opportunities for workflow automation and asset normalisation.
A team of highly qualified Data Engineers, Data Scientists, Infrastructure Engineers and Cloud Specialists were engaged for this project.
- Overall reduction in cost
- Improved staff productivity
- Identification of gaps in the infrastructure